Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:49:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   How to find out why ppp link is coming up?

I'm seting up a new STABLE syste, Among other things, this machine will
provide an on demand connection the network at wor for all the mahcines on
my home lan. This machinis _not_ the default gateway, but I plan on puting
a route in that machine that points to the new FreeBSD machine for the work
network. I have not yet put this route in.

However if I enable "GATEWAY=ON" in /etc/rc.conf, the new machine seems to
dial the work netwokr on a very regualrr (every 10 minutes ?) bassis, even
thogh it should have not trafic for that net.

How can Idetermine what is causing ppp to bring the link up?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin