Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 20:08:36 +0100 (BST)
From:      Lawrence Commander <lcommand@ee.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fatal trap 18 - Zip drive

I tried taking a parallel port zip drive home this weekend
but when I tried it with FreeBSD, it crashed the machine.

Eventually I tried it with a GENERIC kernel with just
the 'vp0' uncommented. When its booting up it says
somerthing like:

Waiting for scbus..

Fatal trap 18...etc

It works with FreeBSD here at college and with Win95 on the
same machine - any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lawrence.

 | Lawrence Commander,	  		 Tel: (+44) 0171 419 3990 |
 | Research Fellow,			 Fax: (+44) 0171 387 4350 |
 | Dept of Elec. Eng.,	  		 			  |
 | University College London,					  |
 | London WC1E 7JE   		    e-mail: lcommand@ee.ucl.ac.uk |
 | UK.	  			http://www.ee.ucl.ac.uk/~lcommand |