Date:      Thu, 04 May 2006 15:35:12 +0200
From:      Sven Giersig <smg@dada.ath.cx>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PackardBell Wifi-Hotkey

Hello List,

I'm a (not-so-proud) user of a Packard Bell R1100 Laptop, which ships
with an ath-card. The driver attaches perfectly, but I have to enable
the antenna with a hotkey. Is there any chance to enable it on *BSD? I
tried some sysctl fiddeling and so on, but the antenna is still dead.

As a workaround I use the asus wl-167g on ural which is mostly stable
(except for bridging / tap0).

Beside that, the PB also has problems with resuming from suspend in
acpi-mode, but that's another thing.

Maybe there are some Packard-Hell users on the list with similar
experience and/or some hints for the hotkeys and acpi?

thanks in advance,
Sven

--
Sven M. Giersig - http://giersig.de.vu
57CE E453 AAE6 29CB E8FB  F7C0 38AF DE50 46F1 836F