Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:25:07 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Norhisham Khalil <ksham@pd.jaring.my>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openoffice-1.1.1RC  install without jdk

--Pk6IbRAofICFmK5e

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 04:31:01PM +0800, Norhisham Khalil wrote:

> i'm trying to install openoffice 1.1.1RC on FreeBSD 5.2.1 release.
> i also have jdk14 installed thru ports
>=20
> at first openoffice give error it could not find jdk13
> i have uninstalled jdk14 and  installed jdk13

openoffice-1.1 explicitly depends on jdk14 -- whatever it was that was
complaining about jdk13 must have been a dependency -- perhaps
apache-ant?

OO isn't going to work without jdk14 so I'm afraid you're going to
have to re-install that.  Make sure that you list

   /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/bin/java # FREEBSD-JDK1.4.2

on the first line of /usr/local/etc/javavms, and you might try setting:

    JAVA_HOME=3D/usr/local/jdk1.4.2

in your environment.  That should convince everything java-ish to use
the jdk14 stuff.

On the whole though, compiling OO is a real pig of a job, and most
people are better off just downloading a pre-compiled package from
http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20