Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 1995 15:07:27 +0200
From:      esser@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        "Serge A. Krashakov" <sakr@itp.ac.ru>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with Compaq Prosignia 300

On Jun 9, 16:21, "Serge A. Krashakov" wrote:
} Subject: problems with Compaq Prosignia 300
} I want to install FreeBSD (2.0-950412-SNAP) on Compaq Prosignia 300
} having:
} 	Intel 90MHz Pentium, 16 MB RAM
} 	TriFlex/PCI controller
} 	Integrated 32bit Fast-SCSI-2/P controller (NCR 53C810 chip) on local bus
} 		with ST1250N 2.1 GB HDD abd Compaq CD-ROM CR-503BCQ
} 	Integrated NetFlex-L ENET controller on a 32bit PCI local bus
} 	Integrated video 1024*768, 16 colors
}
} I tryed to boot all boot disks supporting PCI NCR53810 controller
} starting with 1.1.5.1 boot floppies from freefall.cdrom.com and ending
} 2.0.5-ALPHA but all attempts faild: boot kernel doesn't see PCI controller
} and SCSI disk (Linux slackware 2.20 boot disk does, but I don't want
} to install Linux). OS/2 and MSDOS works.
}
} Can anybody help me?

I'll try, but I'm very busy right now !

The NCR and generic PCI drivers in FreeBSD
were written by a friend and me, so we
should be able to work out a solution.

If FreeBSD doesn't see the NCR controller,
then there probably are some boot messages,
that might help understand the problem.

I need a complete log of all messages that
deal with PCI (i.e. start with "pci0").

You'll probably have to write down these
messages, I'm afraid. (There are other
possibilities, but they probably aren't
worth the effort or they would require
more hardware.)