Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 15:50:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/27320: excessively vague information in pppoe page of Handbook

The following reply was made to PR docs/27320; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To: dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:40:25 -0700

 Please wrap your lines at 72 characters.  Thanks.

 dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au writes:

 > >Number:         27320
 > >Category:       docs
 > >Synopsis:       excessively vague information in pppoe page of Handbook
 > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/handbook/pppoe.html
 > has a link "Care should be taken when running PPPoE with the -nat
 > option." When the link is followed there is a list of 29 items, only
 > #24 appears relevant to the -nat option. Since many users would have
 > no interest whatever in whether or not games get broken, I'd like to
 > see this item clarified with a mention at the pppoe page that this
 > relates to games ONLY.

 I think there are two separate, albeit similar, issues here.  First is
 that the page you mention above links to a nonexistent FAQ entry.
 Apparently the author was planning on writing one, and made the link,
 but never got around to it.  The second issue is that the FAQ entry
 about games not working with -nat is short-sighted; the issue is that
 software which assumes that the client can accept TCP connections
 won't work.  Games just happen to be a good example of this.

 Perhaps you would like to send an FAQ addition to remedy one or both
 of these problems?

 Thanks,

 					Dima Dorfman
 					dima@unixfreak.org