Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 09:45:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Alan McKay" <amckay@ottawa.com>
To:        <alpha@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   =?iso-8859-1?Q?Looking_for_some_binaries,_and_does_this_make_a_good_firewall=3F?=

Folks,

I got FreeBSD installed on my alpha box last night, but i noticed that
several very common packages were not available.  No PHP4, no MySQL
server, and not even an Apache!  That's binary packages.

Where can I get these packages from?  I really HATE building this stuff
myself and would prefer not to.

Also, does FreeBSD make a good firewall?  Or should I reinstall the thing
with Linux so I can use ipchains?  If FreeBSD does make a good firewall,
what software should I look for?

thanks,
-Alan