Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:39:53 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Paul Robinson <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /bin/ls sorting bug?

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 10:16:49AM +0100, Paul Robinson wrote:
> Hate to be the party-pooper, but this thread is starting to smell a bit odd.
> The smell reminds me of something... when I was a kid at school... during
> the break.... ahh, that's it. This thing smells like a bikeshed. :-)

Uh, Paul,

Let me introduce you to that key on your keyboard between the 'S' and 'F'
keys.  Its the 'D' key.  Amoung its other good uses (like being used
twice in "David") is that most MUA's use it to delete emails and threads
you don't care to participate in.

> For what it's worth the original patch looked good to me. The nanosecond
> patch is fine too. Please, no more intimate discussion of a command line
> flag that few people use, and if it doesn't work correctly now could have
> been worked around with a pipe to sort.

I use -t *all* the time with I do a long listing (ie, -l).  I know I'm
not alone in knowing the "-t" option to 'ls' exists.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)