Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:28:24 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        John Sconiers <John_Sconieres@ama-assn.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Metro-X -vs Accelerated-X

On Tue, Oct 13, 1998 at 10:22:14AM -0500, John Sconiers wrote:
> I am thinking of investing in a commercial x-windows display server.  Has anyone tried out Metro-x and accelerated-x and how do they stack up against each other.  Is it even worth buying a commercial x-server or should I stay with Xfree86.

I'm using Metro-X right now, and I'm very pleased with it. It is really
easy to set up compared to the servers that come with XFree86. You have
to have all the other binaries that come with XFree86 though as a base
to start from. The server is just the server.

I'm running this Matrox millennium AGP with 4Mb of onboard memory at
1024x768 with TrueColor. I think it was worth the money.

There is more 'punch' in the screen now, or maybe it's me fooling myself
since I payed for it. :-)

By the way! Try to make your mailer wrap lines at about 72 chars. The
line you wrote was just one loooong line!

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_