Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 13:08:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Browning <brownicm@prokyon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject:   RE: oops...forgot about apps

After some thought. You're using startx? Read the man page for startx and find
out where it's getting it's default configuration from. I don't use startx so I
don't know, but I assume it looks for a .xinitrc in your home directory. Failing
that, it looks in a couple other places for a system default. It's finding one
somewhere and I assume you're getting twm or some other window mgr. You can
either copy that default config file to your home dir as .xinitrc and change
whatever window mgr the file calls to afterstep. Or write your own
.xinitrc. Thusly:

#############
#
# ~/.xinitrc
#       My X Config
#
############
#!sh
afterstep

You'll need this file sooner rather than later. There are other things that
should go in here. Read the xinit manpage, the startx manpage.

E-Mail: Chris Browning <brownicm@prokyon.com>
Date: 24-Jan-99
Time: 12:47:18

"if you believe in Nothing...