Date:      Sat, 2 Aug 1997 19:12:09 +0600
From:      "Yanis P. Mednis" <isu@online.sib.ru>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   I`ve got SLIP trouble

Hello,

I use SLIP connection to provider via phone line with all usual settings.
Everything worked absolutely fine under FreeBSD 2.1.6
The following trouble a had with 2.2 and now it exists in 2.2.2
Now i also have all ok but only 1 time after last reboot.
First time it works, SLIP goes up and lives fine, but if i disconnect or
modem
hangs up next time it dials number but when getting SLIP up it fails with
the
message: "ypm startslip [388] slnspu: ioctl (/dev/cuaa0, TIOCSETD): Device
not
configured". The difference beetween messages is sure only PID number.
Both startslip and slattach fails this way, when i try do dial second or
more
times after first SLIP hangup.
Nothing helps, i tried a lot of manipulations with everithing, but after
reboot all
goes ok again and works fine, but sure it`s a big trouble to reboot system
each
time after disconnecting a modem from SLIP :-(

I use USR Sportster Voice 33,6 on /dev/cuaa0, computer is a usual Pentium
200 with 32M memory.

Please help me if it is not difficult for You.

Best regards

Yanis P. Mednis (isu@online.sib.ru)
Manager of Information resources
Joint-stock company "Cargo company KONTAKT"
Novosibirsk, Russia