Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:24:52 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lahey Fortran95 and FreeBSD/Linux Emulation

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
Well ...
Here I am again, a new issue of the old problem.

I'm soory, but acting like a foolish newbie isn't of mine and I do not want myself to be one,
but I ran into new problems. After I realized, that binaries has to be "branded" for
usage with Linux and after I realized, that compat/linux is the "root tree" for
all lib-searches, after installing the linux_devtools port out of the ports-collection,
I got rid of many previous problems.
Now I made some links of the lib-path of the installation of Lahey Fujitsu Fortran 96
compiler into /compat/linux/usr/local/lib and I added the specific row into ld.so.conf.
Fortran compiler now runs perfectly through the code, but after compiling, I try to start
the binary - and I get this error message:

	ddscat: error in loading shared libraries: libfj9i6.so.1: ELF file OS ABI invalid.

What is that? I branded both the lib and the binary to be Linux type ... and now it says, that
I have some OS ABI problems?

Oliver