Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:29:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        John Sconiers <jrs@enteract.com>, David Holland <dholland@cs.toronto.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it soup yet? FreeBSD NFS

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> It's required for interoperability with other systems.

I was just curious.

> No. Not necessarily. I use SMB a lot (for interoperability with Win32
> systems).

I think pretty much everyone does on that end. I dont thinkI have ever
seen NFS to windows. I know the software exists I just dont think I have
ever seen anyone use it in a windows network. But samba yes.

> I haven't tried the CODA stuff. Is it any good?

I don't have alot experience with it but I have a client running it
on their small'ish network. They don't complain. BTW has anyone seen or
have any ideas on NFS v4? Just an RFC right now but wondered if anyone had
read it and had any thoughts on it?

Chris

--
"You both seem to be ignoring the fact that the networking market is
driven by so-called 'IT professionals' these days, most of whom can't