Date:      Sat, 26 Jul 1997 16:31:14 +0800 (TSD)
From:      "Victor A. Sudakov" <vas@vas.tomsk.su>
Subject:   Re: soft for histograms creation

Brett Taylor wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Victor A. Sudakov wrote:
> > >
> > > Could you advise me some software to create histograms, bar graphs, pie
> > > graphs etc.  like those Microsoft Graph can create? It would be great to
> > > have them exported into a postscript file.
> > >
> > > I looked at gnuplot, but it is a bit different. I need graphical
> > > representation of data tables, not formulas.
> >
> I actually like xvgr (in /usr/ports/math I believe, that or
> /usr/ports/graphics).  If you have Motif you can use xmgr (which for some

Thanks, I gave it a try. Looks very powerful, yet it is more of a scientific
package than presentational graphics. At least, I could not make it plot
three dimensional bar graphs and pie graphs.

> also a little bit easier to step in and use than gnuplot.

Well, I would not say so. The number of options is simply overwhelming to a
novice.

--
Victor Sudakov
http://www.tomsk.su/r/persons/vas.htm