Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 95 17:08:55 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        timb@europa.com (Tim Bach)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DCD loss reporting to mgetty

> Does anyone out there know how i can detect carrier loss with mgetty?
> Or know where i can find a idle user timout(For modem users).

Modify mgetty.

The program is an abomination before God, mostly because by having a
complete open present prevents you from using the port bidirectionally.

The mgetty program should ensure that the controlling tty for itself
is the port being opened, and it should catch SIGHUP.  For most BSD
like behaviour, this means setting it up before the port open.

Check out the sources to the real getty to see what I mean.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.