Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2005 23:44:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      spam maps <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
To:        ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Gimp-2.2.2 wants freetype-2.1.7; but I already have ?!?!

Hi,

I have:
  gimp-2.2.2,1
  freetype2-2.1.7_4

When I start gimp, I get a dialog that says:

   FreeType too old!
   The GIMP requires FreeType version 2.1.7 or later.
   Installed FreeType version is 2.1.4.

   Somehow you or your software packager managed
   to install The GIMP with an older FreeType version.

   Please upgrade to FreeType version 2.1.7 or later.

What the hack is going on here?
I have FreeType 2.1.7, but Gimp doesn't want to see
it?

I already portupgrade'd Gimp with "-f" flag, but to
no avail. What shall I do?

Rob.