Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2005 07:36:37 -0500
From:      "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP Proliant DL320

I just got a Proliant DL320 put on my desk to configure
for a tcpdump monitoring project.

The cooling fans run at full speed and as loud as can be.

I see that there is hpapm or cpqhealth programs for Windows,
and looks like Red Hat and Suse, that will watch the temperature
and turn down the fans to needed levels.

Is there anything to control these things for FreeBSD?

I installed 5-4 from DVD and will be updating via source today.

Man, it's fast compared to the old stuff I'm used to.

Paul.

--
    ______	Paul T. Root
   /    _ \  	1977 MGB