Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 23:04:35 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
Cc:        Ying-Chieh Liao <ijliao@dragon2.net>, Tim <root@scratch.demon.co.uk>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PNP and new bootloader with ELF kernel

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:22:26 +0800, Ying-Chieh Liao wrote:
>
> > you can put this pnp information in /kernel.config
> > and, in your /boot/boot.conf, put
> >
> > load /kernel
> > load -t userconfig_script /kernel.config
> > boot
>
> Hi chaps,
>
> Try to encourage current users to use /boot/loader.rc instead. We don't
> want kernel.config anymore, from what I've read on this list.

What should have changed up there is "boot.conf". The /kernel.config
is, as a matter of fact, correct. The commands you place in it are,
as you can see, "userconfig_script", not loader script. That's why
you are placing them there, not in boot.rc.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	If you sell your soul to the Devil and all you get is an MCSE from
it, you haven't gotten market rate.