Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:39:21 +0200
From:      Wim Olivier <unixconsult@mweb.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3Com 3CXE589ET PCMCIA card & FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE

--------------5EAF4E13D762610CBC89B7E9

Hi everyone,

I have a 3CXE589ET pcmcia card in my NEC Versa AX laptop
running FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE.
I can see the card fine in slot0, and even do a pccardc
dumpcis (which returns nothing referring to 3Com).

Problem is that, on bootup, dmesg displays that there is no
card in database for ("null) ("null").
dumpcis gives me lots of zeroes, registers, etc. but nothing
about 3Com on the card as it should.

This is a fully supported PCMCIA card and is also mentioned
& defined fine in /etc/defaults/pccard.conf.
BSD picks up pcic0 & pcic1 no problem too.  Even tells me
when I remove and reinsert the card!

BUT, why does it not determine the card properly??

All help appreciated!

--
Kind Regards,

Wim Olivier
Principal Consultant - UNIX Systems
Professional Services (Africa & Middle East)
OSIRICOM (Pty) Ltd.  -  South Africa
Mobile : +27 (0) 82 6553599
http://www.osiricom.co.za
Tel      : +27 11 802 7415
Fax     : +27 11 802 5853

--------------5EAF4E13D762610CBC89B7E9

begin:vcard
n:Olivier;Wim
tel;cell:+27 (0) 82 655 3599
tel;fax:+27 (0) 11 802 5853
tel;work:+27 (0) 11 802 7415
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.osiricom.co.za
org:Osiricom  (Pty) Ltd.;Professional Services Division
version:2.1
email;internet:wimo@osiricom.co.za
title:Principal Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;16 Ashwood Place=0D=0AMomentum Office Park=0D=0AWoodmead;Johannesburg;Gauteng;;South Africa
note;quoted-printable:Osiricom's Professional Services Division  is the de facto source=0D=0Afor Professional Services in Africa & the Middle East region.=0D=0A=0D=0AOperating Systems Specilization:=0D=0A=0D=0A * UNIX (all)=0D=0A * IBM AS/400 (including specialized printing solutions)=0D=0A * NT / Win2000=0D=0A * Tarantella & Citrix Server Based (Thin Client) Computing=0D=0A=0D=0AFor more information please e-mail info@osiricom.co.za
fn:Wim Olivier
end:vcard