Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 16:24:22 +0800 (SST)
From:      ash@fxsing.ml.com (Ash Yadav)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ash@tekkie.sg.ml.com (Ash Yadav)
Subject:   installing on a Compaq Contura Aero 4/33 laptop

Folks,
I have been using freebsd on my desktop machine for the past few months and am now
in possesion of a compaq Contura Aero 4/33 laptop. I have the 2.2.5 on a CD but the
comapq only has a PCMCIA floppy drive. I also have a xircom modem/ethernet card and
my desktop at home acts as a gateway for my home area network (HAN). I would ideally
like to do a net ( ftp ) install but since I have to boot up the laptop with a floppy
and since the floppy uses the PCMCIA slot I cannot have the ethernet card in it at
the same time. Can someone please enlighten me as to what is the best way to get
freebsd on my laptop in these circumstances. Can I boot the floppy image from my HD
while having the ethernet card plugged in and then do a ftp install. I intend to use
the PAO floppy image and I have checked the lists on the PAO page to find the Aero listed
there.
i would like to run netscape on the laptop so that I can browse the web from the living
room . The laptop only has 4MB of RAMThe laptop only has 4MB of RAM.  Would 4MB be enuff
for running netscape on a laptop . Any experiences with the above install and netscape
queries would very helpful.

thanx
Ash ;)