Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:29:41 GMT
From:      john@goodleaf.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pretty far OT--Database journals

For academic reasons, I find myself needing to read some database journals.
However, the list of recommended journals seems more like a list of trade
rags to me (e.g. SQL Server Magazine). I hope to find something less
vendorish and more "academic."
I'd like to be able to write my abstracts (glorified book reports) without
feeling like I'm helping the M$ cottage industry. Any recommendations?

Bonus points for web-availability! (At this juncture, I'm especially
interested in encryption/signatures integrated into db environments. Good
articles not in what would narrowly be called "database journals" are also
welcome.)
Thanks,
John