Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 20:47:10 -0800
From:      Mahlon <mahlon-dated-1018241232.e6585c@martini.nu>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Neigaard?= <neigaard@e-box.dk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Offtopic - CVS setup

--um2V5WpqCyd73IVb

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002, S=F8ren Neigaard wrote:
> So therefore this plead, I really could use some help. Maybe there is
> someone out there that want to guide me step by step when setting up
> CVS, someone who can stand listen to my stupid questions about the
> most simple things.
> I need help setting up a CVS repository on the Internet, creating
> users for that repository, and making sure that it is at least a
> little bit secure.

There is an old walkthrough at www.daemonnews.org by Nik Clayton for the
basics.  It's geared towards using CVS with a website, but the commands are
universal. =20

http://www.daemonnews.org/199903/websites.html

As far as setting CVS up for remote access, there is already an
example in the default inetd.conf file.  For further information, refer to
the CVS documentation - either 'info cvs', or hyperlinked at

http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs.html

-Mahlon

Mahlon E. Smith                          jabber id: mahlon@chat.martini.nu
http://www.martini.nu/                 get pgp key:  mahlon-pgp@martini.nu
  Instead of trying to build newer and bigger weapons of destruction, we
    should be thinking about getting more use out of the ones we already
                           have.  --Jack Handey

--um2V5WpqCyd73IVb

--um2V5WpqCyd73IVb--