Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 1997 18:30:57 -0500
From:      Brad Karp <karp@eecs.harvard.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   pccard.conf entry for Linksys Combo Ethernet (EC2T)

Just wanted to share a pccard.conf entry I had to cook up to get my
Linksys PCMCIA Ethernet Combo (10Base{2,T}) card recognized by 2.2.5-STABLE.

My card seems to have different CIS ID strings than the Linksys cards that have
entries in PAO's pccard.conf. Odd.

# Linksys Combo PCMCIA EthenretCard (model EC2T on box)
card "Linksys" "Combo PCMCIA EthernetCard (EC"
        config 0x1 "ed0" ?
        insert echo Linksys Ethernet inserted
        insert /etc/pccard_ether ed0
        remove echo Linksys Ethernet removed
        remove /sbin/ifconfig ed0 delete

Yes, the second string looks truncated--the string is so long that the fixed
array size in the slot data structure truncates it.

BTW, this suggests that someone ought to change the strcmp for the CIS
strings in pccardd to strncmp, so the comparison is bounded by the length
of the slot's stored string, eh? That way, one could safely put
`pccardc dumpcis` into a pccard.conf entry verbatim.

-Brad, karp@eecs.harvard.edu