Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:37:02 +0200
From:      Herbert <herbert@bugat.at>
To:        Joe Pokupec <joepok@ninestar.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CVS Update

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 12:19:50AM -0800, Joe Pokupec wrote:
> Thanks Jonathan!
>=20
> I simply used your supfile and changed the host to cvsup16.FreeBSD.org (t=
he
> other ones were busy) and:
>=20
> Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
> Running
> Updating collection src-all/cvs
>=20
> Sweet! So what is I am updating now, the ports collection? Will this bring
> me up to 4.8 from 4.7 or do I use a different command?
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> Joe

Have you ever considered to read the handbook or the manuals that
come with FreeBSD (e.g. man pages?) to figure out what you are doing?
With your cvsup file you are updating both FreeBSD to the latest code
in the RELENG_4 branch and the ports. By installing the ports you will
not run the latest RELENG_4. You have do run a make buildworld, etc.
(see /usr/src/UPDATING)

Herbert

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP--