Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 16:43:12 -0500
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Alejandro_Ram=EDrez?= <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        <phrotos@email.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: How to set-up java on the profile of FreeBSD and how to compile the kernel.

Hi,

How about in the .login file itīs in your home directory, here you can put
your paths. And for the soundcard there is a pnp function in FreeBSD, but
you have to recompile your kernel anyway look at this URL it may help you:

http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/awepnp-freebsd.txt

and you should look into the FreeBSD Handbook at:

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook

also there is an atricle on how to setup pnp audio cards in the edition #4
of the following URL:

http://www.freebsdzine.org/

Ales

> Hi Hello! guys from FreeBSD.org
>
> Dear Guys, I recently installed FreeBSD on my machine, Like any OS, it`s
difficult to use at the first time. I have experience working with Windows
95, Windows NT and Linux. Now, I want to learn more about the diferent
Unixes (System V and BSD). I choosed FreeBSD because it look very powerful
and aslo it is BSD. I began to be familiar with somethings, I can use
Xwindows and other things. Also I installed java 1.1.5 that comes with the
cdrom of FreeBSD 3.1. I want to know where I can include the folder of the
java 1.1.5 on my profile so I can call the binaries from the java folder
without copying on the /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/lib. In linux the file
of the PATH is  on /etc/profile and it is like as autoexec.bat on Windows
95. Could you tell me please where I can set up all the PATH on FreeBSD ?.
Also I want to set up somethings on FreeBSD like the soundcard and the
modem, both of them are Plug and Play. I can use isapnp tools on FreeBSD or
I can configure them on the ker!