Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:35:12 +0200
From:      Albin Vega <albinv4616@gmail.com>
Subject:   Problem installing Bacula client on win 2008 64 bit server

Hello

Trying to install bacula client on win 2008 64 bit server. After
installation the bacula client should start automatically but it dont. I
then tried to start the bacula windows service manually but are getting the
following (and pointless) error message: Error 1067. The prosess terminated
unexpektedly.

Ok, so now i open a CMD window and try to start the service
by starting bacula-fd.exe, but with no luck. Then I add the -t option and
get the error message:

27-Aug 13:14 bacula-fd: ERROR TERMINATION at
/home/kern/bacula/k/bacula/src/lib/ parse_conf.c:898
Config error: Cannot open config file
"C:\ProgramData\Bacula/bacula-fd.conf": No such file or directory

I try to look in the ProgramDate catalogue to see if i can find the
bacula-fd.conf file and have a look in it. But there is no ProgramData
catalogue. The bacula-fd.conf file is in in C:/Program files/bacula
catalogue. Looks like this:

#
# Default  Bacula File Daemon Configuration file
#
#  For Bacula release 5.0.3 (08/05/10) -- Windows MinGW64
#
# There is not much to change here except perhaps the
# File daemon Name
#
#
# "Global" File daemon configuration specifications
#
FileDaemon {                            # this is me
  Name = clientservername-fd
  FDport = 9102                # where we listen for the director
  WorkingDirectory = "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\working"
  Pid Directory = "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\working"
# Plugin Directory = "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\plugins"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10
}
#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
#
Director {
  Name = backup.mydomainname.com-fd
  Password = "mypassword"
}
#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the file daemon
#
Director {
  Name = @monitor_name@
  Password = "@monitor_password@"
  Monitor = yes
}
# Send all messages except skipped files back to Director
Messages {
  Name = Standard
  director = backup.mydomainname.com-fd = all, !skipped, !restored
}
The password is the same on the client and the servert, I checked
that. Anyhow, it should be possible to start the deamon/service even if the
client have no contact with the servere, right?

Anybody have a fix on this?

Best regards
Albin