Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 16:36:29 -0600
From:      Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: copy & paste behavior - this really bugs me

Usually I just middle click several times before Netscape takes it.

On 05/22/2001 4:28:28 PM, Doug Barton is quoted as saying:

. . . .|Bill Moran wrote:
. . . .|>
. . . .|> Chip Wiegand wrote:
. . . .|> >
. . . .|> > I use fbsd for my typical home use, on 3 machines, and if there is one item
. . . .|> > that I find difficult it is in copy & paste behavior. I use a mail client
. . . .|> > called sylpheed (based on gtk+), and netscape 4.76 (most of the time). Why
. . . .|> > can't I copy a url link from an email message and paste it into the location
. . . .|> > bar of netscape? This is such a pain to have to type in those often very
. . . .|> > long urls in some messages.
. . . .|> > Anyway, that's just my gripe, becuase I just came up against it again.
. . . .|>
. . . .|> Copy/paste in Netscrap is ALT+C/ALT+V instead of CTRL.
. . . .|> That being said, it still doesn't work all the time with other apps.
. . . .|
. . . .|	Netscape has a slightly wonky view of the X clipboard. Try leaving the
. . . .|text highlighted in the app you're copying from, that usually works for me.
. . . .|
. . . .|    I need someone really bad. Are you really bad?
. . . .|
. . . .|To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
. . . .|with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

www.nul.cjb.net
www.FreeBSD.org