Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 1995 16:32:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   vat on 2.0.5 with SB16

Is there any way to get vat working with my SB16 on 2.0.5?  I've built a
kernel with MROUTING, pseudo-device vat_audio, and the sb devices:

# SoundBlaster16
# IRQ 10, DMA 1 & 6, Audio I/O 0x220, FM I/O 0x388
controller      snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 10 drq 1 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 6
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x300
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388

I'm able to play sounds with rplay, so I know the SoundBlaster and
speakers work.  I've tried replacing /dev/audio with /dev/vatio, and I've
also tried using vmix 0.2 as suggested by Mr. Hasty in an email last
April.

Can anyone make any suggestions?  Do I have to replace the sound support
in 2.0.5's kernel with more recent drivers?  Or do I just need a ProAudio
card?

Guy Helmer, Dakota State University Computing Services - ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu