Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 1996 20:47:04 -0500
From:      "Aliza R. Panitz" <buglady@ability.net>
To:        markm@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   perl 4.036

I have some legacy code that runs under perl4.036, which I have
been unable to port to perl5.

I have been unable to get perl4.036 to compile under FreeBSD, nor
have I been able to use my BSD/OS 2.0 binary (though all mny other
BSD/OS binaries run just fine under FreeBSD)

I used the "i386" hints; should I have gone in from scratch?

Is there anywhere I can find help in building or fetching perl4.036
for FreeBSD?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated...

 - Aliza R. Panitz
   buglady@ability.net