Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 14:02:18 +0930 (CST)
From:      Matthew Thyer <matt@camtech.net.au>
To:        Lars "Fredriksen" <lars@odin-corporation.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Communicator 4 and LDAP

We are forced to use Exchange at work and I use its LDAP server to
look up addressing information.

I do occasionally get the error 0x5B that others report but I just
try again and it usually works.

This is with Netscape 4.61 on 4.0-CURRENT

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Lars Fredriksen wrote:

> Hi,
>     Has anyone had any luck using communicator with a LDAP server? Both
> communicator 4.5 and 4.61 fails to connect to any LDAP server that I
> have tried. It appears that the connect() gets interrupted and not
> restarted. This happens both under current and 3.0.
>
> Lars

| Work: Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au | Home: thyerm@camtech.net.au |
"If it is true that our Universe has a zero net value for all conserved
quantities, then it may simply be a fluctuation of the vacuum of some
larger space in which our Universe is imbedded. In answer to the
question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our
Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time."
 E. P. Tryon   from "Nature" Vol.246 Dec.14, 1973