Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 23:04:28 -0700
From:      Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE 3.0 broken in current??

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:17:01PM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:

> FWIW: Thanks.  It sometimes feels like people intentionally go
> out of their way to put Linux-isms (or whatever-isms) into code
> to make it not run on BSD platforms.

I'm quite suprised how this managed to avoid detection for so long
(webcvs.kde.org indicated that the last commit to this branch was > 12
months ago).  It's that whole feeling of fixing the same problems over and
over again.

Admittedly I run development versions of both FreeBSD and KDE, and the
kde-freebsd team uses stable overwhelmingly so the combination doesn't
receive the testing that others do.

That said, I'm more than willing to review stuff and commit reasonable
changes.  Anything regarding port specific tweaks should go to the
kde-freebsd team, I don't use the ports or packages of KDE or Qt.

- alex