Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:37:47 -0700
From:      "Foster, Jim" <JFOSTER@CSKAUTO.COM>
To:        "'Robert Wright'" <robert@pluris.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: disklabel not support on IDE drives?

I also have Western Digital disks, but I was able to install 2.2.7-R.

If, perhaps, your motherboard does not support large hard drives you may
need to reboot with the floppy that came with your drive (or download it
from WD) and turn off the "floppy-protect" feature (or something like that).
It appears to be a feature they have in their boot manager for protecting
the data on the hard drive if you boot off a DOS floppy without first
incompatibility.

Hope this helps.