Date:      14 Nov 2002 13:01:00 -0600
From:      "Kirk R. Wythers" <kwythers@umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   lyx question

--=-WZd6ovfZYt46mS5P2gtO

I recently added textcomp.sty to my lyx configuration to enable the
degreecelsius symbol. However, I kept getting an error when I tired to
use \textcelsius in a .lyx document. No make matters more confusion,
other symbols that are part of the textcomp package worked fine (e.g.
\textdegree, \textdagger, etc.). With the kind help of H. Voss, I
discovered an conundrum. Mr. Voss sent me a .lyx file with a single
\textcelsius command (textcelsius.yes.lyx) that he created on his 1.2.1
lyx. My version of lyx (1.2.1_1 from freebsd ports) can open it, and
display a div with no errors. However, a file that I create on my
machine with the same single \textcelsius command, yields an error when
I try and display the dvi. I have attached both files. Are there any lyx
users that can shed some light on this situation?

Thanks,

Kirk
--
Kirk R. Wythers <kwythers@umn.edu>