Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:08:18 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] rc.d integration for the bluetooth subsystem

Simon,

>>does anyone have any objections to the /etc/devd.conf patch located at
>>
>>http://people.freebsd.org/~emax/devd.conf.diff.txt
>>
>>this patch will add support for a usb bluetooth dongles to devd(8).
>
> Great! This + http://people.freebsd.org/~emax/bluetooth-rc-4.diff.txt
> makes my usb bt dongle "just work" (on RELENG_6).

great. thanks for the information

> FYI, it's a "Level One MDU-0001USB":
>
> ubt0: vendor 0x0a12 product 0x0001, rev 1.10/11.20, addr 2
> ubt0: Interface 0 endpoints: interrupt=0x81, bulk-in=0x82, bulk-out=0x2
> ubt0: Interface 1 (alt.config 5) endpoints: isoc-in=0x83, isoc-out=0x3; wMaxPacketSize=49; nframes=6, buffer size=294

ok

> Mobile (Siemens S65) to PC file transfer works just fine with the
> following /etc/rc.local (I proably should have them launched by devd,
> but the dongle is always plugged in anyway).
>
> /usr/sbin/hcsecd
> /usr/sbin/sdpd
> /usr/local/bin/obexapp -C 1 -r /var/spool/obex -s -S

in -current /usr/sbin/hcsecd and /usr/sbin/sdpd should be started by
separate scripts /etc/rc.d/hcsecd and /etc/rc.d/sdpd. all you need to do
is to put

hcsecd_enable="YES"
sdpd_enable="YES"

into your /etc/rc.conf and you should be done. please do not forget to
kldload ng_btsocket(4) module (from loader.conf) or else these will not
start.

there is no reason to start/stop hcsecd(8) and sdpd(8) when device is
attached/detached. if you plan on using bluetooth you just may have run
these all the time.

both daemons listen on wildcard addresses, so they should not be
affected attach/detach events.

> Now looking for a convenient way to sync contacts...

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bluetooth/2005-September/000422.html

there is a mobile_backup.sh script that you might find useful.

thanks,
max