Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:22:18 -0500
From:      "jeremy pedersen" <stoker2002@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.3 on Compaq ProLiant 1500

I have an old Compaq ProLiant 1500 that I would like to install FreeBSD
on, but the installation process freezes while attempting to load the
installation. The following is the line(s) on which FreeBSD hangs:

device_attach: ida0 attach returned 12
eisab0: <PCI-EISA bridge> at device 15.0 on pci0

*note, this is using the selection: 1. Boot FreeBSD (default)

all the information I have on the server's hardware is as follows:

1) 2 pentium processors at 166Mhz

2) 5 ultra wide SCSI drives in raid 5 configuration. One drive is a
logical drive.

3) one CD drive, it is not IDE, but I am not quite sure what else it
could be.

This is all the information I have to work with. Any help would be
appreciated very much.

Thanks,
Jeremy

--