Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:52:22 +0100
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>,  FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sysutils/policykit ; devel/git and sysutils/upower fails to build: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found PUBLIC

On 02/21/14 10:27, O. Hartmann wrote:
> On three ports I get a very nasty and sticky error on
>
>  FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r262153: Tue Feb 18 11:31:31 CET 2014 amd64 (CLANG 3.4)
>
> which looks always the same/similar and complains about syntax/parser error in some XML
> documents.
>
> Somehow, I have the strange feelingt this has to do with the docbook update which has
> been performed accordingly to the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING, 20140219.
>
> How can I fix this?

I solved this by doing something like this (can't remember the exact
steps, but conjuring this should do it)

# rm /usr/local/share/xml/catalog.ports
# xmlcatmgr -c /usr/local/share/xml/catalog.ports create xml
# pkg delete -f docbook-xml\* docbook-sk\* docbook\[2345\]\?\?-\*
docbook-4\*
# portmaster textproc/docbook-xml docbook-xsl
# portmaster '*docbook*'
# portmaster -a (or whatever is not working)

I suspect there is some problem with the order in which the docbook
ports get updated. And I'm quite sure the above steps are overkill and
not optimal, but they worked for me. YMMV

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>