Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:42:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jaime Bozza <wheelman@nuc.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2

Hello,
   I noticed that FreeBSD 2.2-RELEASE is out.  I'm looking at what's
involved in switching my 2.1.x (mostly 2.1.7's) systems over.  Other than
doing an "upgrade" install, are their other easier ways to upgrade?  I
noticed there isn't a FreeBSD-stable that I can sup from (something which
I enjoyed with 2.1.x) but there *IS* a ctm tree.  Would I be able to
remove my current /usr/src tree and replace is with a ctm'd 2.2-RELEASE
tree?  Then recompile, make my kernels, and reboot under 2.2?  If so, what
should I be aware of?  (For instance, major changes to /etc or /var trees)

   Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can offer.  Also, please
copy your replies to me personally, since I am not currently on the
mailing list.

Jaime Bozza
Nucleus Communications, Inc.