Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 1995 09:06:26 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org, nate@trout.sri.MT.net, phk@ref.tfs.com
Subject:   Re: What I'd *really like* for 2.0.5

> >> get found after boot if you remove the not found messages.  Right
> >> now I can use dmesg or look in /var/log/messages and see it, but if
>
> >Now we're getting silly.  If your system works fine then you don't care.
> >If it doesn't work, then you'll go start thinking about booting with -v.
>
> This fails for intermittent errors.
>
> Bruce

Look guys, we're not trying to save the world in all its possible
guises - there are a number of areas in which the current messages
won't save you at all either, yet I don't see any of the proponents of
"yell in all situations" coming up with any solutions to those
problems, and you'd have us preserve an inferior status-quo instead
and call it a victory.  However, I don't see that this is going
anywhere so I'll shut up now and say no more on the subject..

						Jordan