Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 1996 14:20:07 -0400
From:      Ben Wern <bwern@jaxnet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE CDROM Failure?

Greetings. Last frivolous question. Really. I promise.

I have a NEC 4x IDE CDROM that I installed from, and it worked just fine and
dandy until I shutdown for an extended vacation. When I brought it back up
and tried to mount, I got this:

"cd9660: /dev/wcd0c: Invalid argument"

mount_cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom also produced the same effect. Every third or
forth try, it quietly mounts (including a quick check of the disc). However,
when I cd to it, the dir is completely blank.

mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0a /cdrom told me that the device wasn't configured, and
when I tried to MAKEDEV, it told me "bad unit for disc in: cd0a"

Any thoughts?

Thanks once again,

Ben

 bwern@jaxnet.com or bwern@unf.edu
    Try New and Improved Jello: V 2.0
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think
   I have ended up where I intended to be."