Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:45:31 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PGP chain of trust tools

--------------enig41ABEF5C83B5F2006B6A53E8

If memory serves me right, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I am looking for a way to count the "degrees of separation" or shortest=
=20
> path between public PGP keys.
>=20
> Any tools or libraries I should look at?

Not sure how directly applicable this is, but it sounds like you want
something like this:

http://pgp.cs.uu.nl/

> I am researching to see if it would be useful for allowing mail (defaul=
t=20
> deny stance / guilty-until-proven-innocent since most mail is unwanted)=
 if=20
> the sender's signature is within 2 or 3 hops from recipient. Or scoring=
=20
> the mail up based on the lowest hops.
>=20
> Anyone know of anything like this? Any research? How far can this scale=
?

> (I now see a spamassassin plugin but doesn't score based on hops away.)=

Interesting idea.  For me personally, this probably would not work
because the vast majority of people I correspond with don't PGP-sign
their email (or, for that matter, even have PGP keys).

Bruce.