Date:      Sat, 2 Sep 1995 20:05:25 -0500 (CDT)
From:      john@starfire.mn.org
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   mt(1) erase not working on wt driver in FreeBSD-stable

Well, I'm pretty sure I've got the whole system up to -stable, anyway,
so if there were any changes between 2.0.5R and -stable that would
cause this, I'll look at that first if someone points me in the right
direction.  Otherwise, in a nutshell:
    dexter# mt -f /dev/rwt0 era
    mt: /dev/rwt0: erase: Invalid argument
I presume that this is not the desired behavior, but just in case this
was superceded by something else, I thought I'd not jump to any
conclusions (and yes, the same thing happens on the no-rewind device).

I wrote a little single-purpose program to use the wt-specific code
(ioctl(fd, WTQICMD, QIC_ERASE)) and it works just fine.

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417