Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:05:35 +0100
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        TM4525@aol.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Don't feed the (your word here): (was: Compatible NIC)

On Sunday, 31 October 2004 at 11:54:22 -0500, TM4525@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 10/31/04 5:00:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> grog@FreeBSD.org writes:
> A member of the Gustapo said:

This is offensive.

>> Kris was just asking you to respect the charter
>> of the mailing list.  I've looked at about 15 messages from you, most
>> of them insulting, some voicing opinions that run contrary to fact,
>> and suggesting that you have a good overall understanding of the
>> project.  Given that you don't know who Kris is, it's difficult to
>> believe the last point.
>
> ---
> So the "charter" of the mailing list is that only good and positive
> things can be said about FreeBSD, and no one is allowed to make
> distinctions between good and bad code and/or drivers? Is the soviet
> union back or what?

You can read the charter yourself.  If you don't understand it, ask
politely.

>  Its easy to dismiss people who ask hard questions as "trolls". Its
> a lot more difficult to answer the questions credibly.

I don't think we should dignify your behaviour as a "troll".  But
there's one thing you have in common with a troll: if we ignore you,
you will lose interest.  I'd ask all other people on the list to take
any correspondence with our nameless one offline.  Better would be no
correspondence at all.

Greg