Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:55:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ewout Vonk <ewout@azur.cx>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        pherman@frenchfries.net
Subject:   Re: Trouble with 'dd', my cd-rom/rw and wormcontrol on FBSD 4.1

Hi all,

>> dd if=/dev/acd0c of=cd.img and
>> It gives the error: 'dd: /dev/acd0c: Bad Address'
>Try a different block size (and better to use the raw device), like:
>  dd if=/dev/racd0c of=cd.img bs=8k
>...my CD-ROM seems to need a block size of at least 2k.
This solved my problem right away.. My CD-ROM also needs a blocksize of at
least 2k.. Thanks!

>> 'wormcontrol prepdisk double' or 'wormcontrol prepdisk single'
>> having done 'ln -s /dev/acd0c /dev/rworm0', error:
>> 'wormcontrol: ioctl(WORMIOCPREPDISK): Inappropriate ioctl for device'
>The only advide I would suggest here (if it helps at all) is:
>   ln -sf /dev/racd0c /dev/rworm0
>   ln -sf /dev/acd0c /dev/worm0
I did this, but it doesn't make a difference.. Does anybody maybe know of
any required options that should be compiled into the kernel? The drive is
correctly probed at boot-time..
'acd0: CD-RW <HP CD-Writer+ 7200> at ata1-master using PIO3'

Any help to this last problem would be greatly appreciated..

And Paul, thanks very much for your help!

Best regards,
Ewout Vonk