Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 02:48:47 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        sirabyss@gmx.net
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: cyrus-imapd-2.0.14

Hi,

>>>>> On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 18:51:42 +0200
>>>>> "Daniel S. Haischt" <sirabyss@gmx.net> said:

sirabyss> did you try to port the new cyrus-imapd 2.0.15
sirabyss> release.

There is already in ports-current.

sirabyss> there is a bug in mupdate.c (line 882) which causes
sirabyss> the compilation process to fail.

sirabyss> unfortunatly after fixing this bug the compiler
sirabyss> complains that it is unable to find a pthread
sirabyss> library (cause pthread functions under FreeBSD
sirabyss> are located in libc_r.* - i guess ...).

sirabyss> any idea how to fix that?

I have no experience with this.  Adding -D_THREAD_SAFE to CFLAGS and
adding -pthread to LDFLAGS may help you.

sirabyss> i only figured that out cause that file gets
sirabyss> compiled if you try to compile the cyrus server
sirabyss> with murder support (a load balancing system).

sirabyss> ever tried to compile the cyrus server with '--enable-murder'?

Yup, I have never enable this option, and current cyrus-imapd port
doesn't enable it.

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/