Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:45:12 -0400
From:      Howard Goldstein <hg@queue.to>
To:        aj@mozilla.com, freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gecko

--dRQgdppGmOrlDiQode6oMLK5LfqiQfgJT

On 03/19/2014 18:36, Adrian J Fernandez wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I am a system's administrator @ Mozilla. We mostly use Linux for our
> servers but I am avid FreeBSD user/admin as well =3DP .
>=20
> I was wondering if there's any help needed by the FreeBSD gecko builder=
s?
> If so, where would I start to attempt to help?
>=20
> Please advise, thank you!
>=20

Welcome Adrian!  Your appearance is so timely for me.

I wonder if you have a moment if you could see if there might be the
possibility to conjure of magical patches to apply to our www/firefox 28
release to restore PGO buildability with ~ gcc-48 or 47?  My builds keep
getting stuck around building the export target in the ipc/app tree.   I
haven't managed to fully grok the new mozilla build scheme and my old
notes don't help.

Please consider this an invitation for patch guinea-piggedness as I have
a crappy slow notebook it'd be nice to have the swifter PGO 'd firefox
running on.   Best Regards, Howard