Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 1999 12:10:36 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        jason <jason@welsh.dynip.com>
Cc:        cjclark@home.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hiding directories on ftp server

On Sat, 09 Oct 1999 15:56:27 -0400, jason wrote:

> I wanted the directory to not be visible (as well as the files in it)..

So apply your brain to the problem and take it one step further. :-)

You already know that removing read permission on a directory makes its
contents invisible, right? So:

	cd /path/to/ftp/directory
	mkdir arb
	chmod 751 arb
	mkdir arb/leech
	chmod 751 arb/leech

If your ftp users are in the group of the user creating these
directories, then you should use mode 711 instead of 751.

Ciao,
Sheldon.

PS: You could simplify the commands above, but I wanted to make sure you
    understand what's happening.