Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 21:52:19 -0700
From:      Matt Olander <matt@ixsystems.net>
To:        <david.groves@imagination.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Using PC's as X Terminals

--=====================_132431276==_.ALT

> >I'm trying to find a way to turn client machines (i386 machines running
> >other operating systems that can't be replaced), into dumb X terminals
> >on a part time basis. The people that will be using them are mainly
> >going to be running windows the majority of the time, but will have the
> >need to dip into an X environment on occasion. For various reasons, my
> >superiors are unwilling to consider Win32 X servers, so this isn't an
> >option for me.

hi David,
i had a similiar problem at work. people that used windows that
occasionally needed access to freebsd. i ended up using vnc.
the only problem i've noticed is that it generates a bit of network
traffic while in use...
www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

matt

--=====================_132431276==_.ALT

turn client machines (i386 machines running<br>
&gt;other operating systems that can't be replaced), into dumb X
terminals<br>
&gt;on a part time basis. The people that will be using them are
mainly<br>
&gt;going to be running windows the majority of the time, but will have
the<br>
&gt;need to dip into an X environment on occasion. For various reasons,
my<br>
&gt;superiors are unwilling to consider Win32 X servers, so this isn't
an<br>
&gt;option for me.</blockquote><br>
hi David,<br>
i had a similiar problem at work. people that used windows that <br>
occasionally needed access to freebsd. i ended up using vnc.<br>
the only problem i've noticed is that it generates a bit of network<br>
traffic while in use...<br>