Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:41:26 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Securing SU

In the last episode (Oct 04), Dan Mahoney, System Admin said:
> After searching the archives for "su and telnet" and reading about
> 250 entries on how you can't telnet as root, man ttys for how to
> change this....
>
> My question is different (thank god)...
>
> I was wondering if there was a way to configure su so that it would
> disallow a user access if they're telnetted in.  (but, say, allow
> them if they have sshed in).

That's just about impossible.  You /could/ have your program try and
trace its process parentage back to one that was spawned from sshd, but
that wouldn't work for screen sessions, since the front and back halves
communicate between fifos, and they sould have been started on
different machines.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com