Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 03:36:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kent Hauser <kent@tfd.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mechanics of cvs committing

I ask because my company uses CVS to develop code at multiple
sites (in multiple countries), and the commits are painful.
Currently, at irregular intervals, we rdist local code back
to the main repository & do a local commit. And then rdist out
the new cvsroot -- as cvsup is written in modula or pascal or something
that I've not been able to get to compile on our SunOS 4.1.4
root server.

How is it done in the FreeBSD world? Assuming IP connectivity &
permissions, what's the magic?

Thanks a bunch.

Kent