Date:      Thu, 01 Jan 2004 13:22:40 -0500
From:      Scott W <wegster@mindcore.net>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.no-ip.com>
Cc:        FBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Fortune

Lowell Gilbert wrote:

>Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> writes:
>

>>On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 09:29:44AM -0500, Chuck PUP Payne wrote:
>>

>>>Strange question, I have notice that in 5.1 there is no more fortune. Can
>>>you tell me where I can get it. Thanks.
>>>

>>Install the games/freebsd-games port.
>>

>No, fortune isn't in there.  It's still in the main tree.  Is it maybe
>being installed to somewhere different?  [Doesn't look like it from a
>quick Makefile check, but I may well have missed something...]

Is installed on my (5.1 through 5.2-CURRENT) system, in:
/usr/games/fortune - ELF binary
/usr/share/games/fortune/ - directory for furtune data files

Is /usr/games in your PATH?  (Unsure if this is the normal location for
it or not under FreeBSD, although IMHO it still belongs in a bin
directory...)

Scott